AST strives to provide the best possible customer support. Our goal is to deliver a quality product quickly and efficiently, and to make sure you are completely satisfied with the result. Our friendly support team is available on business days from 9 AM to 5:30 PM Central Time. Most questions received during business hours are answered within four hours.
- Support Ticket: Visit the CaptionSync Support Center via the Help page after you login to CaptionSync.
- Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support Voicemail: 877-AST-SYNC (877-278-7962) (menu choice 2)
- The CaptionSync Support Center contains hundreds of articles, videos, and tutorials on captioning and how to use captions. If you don’t find what you need there, just login and submit your question. We promise we will respond promptly.
- If you contact us by email or phone, please be sure to include your CaptionSync username. If you are referencing specific jobs, please include the AST ID so that we can properly research your query.
- Please don’t include instructions to AST in the Description field of your jobs; this field is for your personal reference.
- Please also be careful not to double-submit content, as CaptionSync will not detect this.
- CaptionSync invoicing and reporting is also automated. This allows us to minimize overhead and deliver our services very cost effectively. The automated system allows you to submit and check on the status of your jobs around the clock without any human intervention. If you have questions about the status of your jobs, please check in the Status section of your account before contacting our support team.
- Caption files can be ingested by literally hundreds of different software packages from scores of different vendors. Please understand that our Support team may not have adequate expertise in the 3rd party software you are using. Our Support team members are experts on the CaptionSync system and the various caption formats we produce and they will do their utmost to help you through your issues, but you may need to contact the vendor of 3rd party software for support or training on those products.
AST’s CaptionSync system is an automated system that receives captioning/transcription jobs, processes them, and returns the results to clients. AST focuses a tremendous amount of attention on ensuring that high quality results are returned to you. We constantly review our transcribers’ performance, and the CaptionSync automated processing performance. While AST does not review every job that is processed by CaptionSync, we detect potential problems through four different mechanisms:
- Random review: AST conducts ongoing random review of both transcripts and caption results to ensure they meet our quality standards.
- CaptionSync detection: Some problems are detected by CaptionSync itself — these are flagged to AST staff for immediate attention.
- Transcriber feedback: if our transcribers detect a particularly difficult job, they alert AST staff to ensure the final result is reviewed.
- Client feedback: if our clients detect a problem with the result files and alert us, AST takes immediate action to address the issues found.
When a problem is detected, AST takes immediate action to rectify the problem. If the source of the issue is transcriber error, we record the issue for our performance rating of that transcriber, and then work with the transcriber to ensure the issue does not occur further. If you have a transcript with errors, please contact us and we will address your concerns.
If the source of the problem is due to CaptionSync’s automation, we will manually review the timing and make corrections. We use the data to improve CaptionSync. Because CaptionSync runs only on AST’s servers, we are able to rapidly deploy corrections and improvements to CaptionSync, and do so frequently.