Lecture Capture Captioning
Universities Moving to Lecture Capture Find It Very Popular with Students
What is Lecture Capture? Lecture Capture is a recorded lecture that captures slides, video, audio, bookmarks, navigation controls and captioning windows that can be viewed by students outside of class.
How AST CaptionSync Works with Lecture Capture Systems
CaptionSync output can be used with most lecture capture systems, but with some systems we have directly integrated CaptionSync into the lecture captures system, allowing for a fully automated workflow:
- Lecture Capture systems submit content directly to CaptionSync.
- CaptionSync processes the caption files and returns them to the Lecture Capture system.
- The Lecture Capture system uploads the captioned files to a campus content management systems (CMS).
- Or, students can retrieve lectures from portals like iTunes U and YouTube.
- Lectures then become text-searchable and can be launched on any text point.
Why Caption Recorded Lectures and Presentations?
- To make lecture content accessible to all students/users.
- To improve comprehension and retention of material.
- To allow content to be searched and re-purposed.
- To ensure compliance with ADA sections 504 and 508.
- Studies on Lecture Capture and Its Benefits
- Not sure about captioning capabilities in your lecture capture system? Give us a call.
AST Lecture Capture Partners
- Web-based pay per use service.
- No software to buy or install.
- Choose just the services needed (you can provide your own verbatim text transcript to get captions, or you can have us do the transcription for you).
- Pay online via credit card or Visa/MasterCard branded purchase cards.