Online Video Platforms
Enterprises and Universities are Moving to Online Video Platforms to Manage Video Content
What are Online Video Platforms (OVP)? An OVP is a solution providing end-to-end tools to manage, publish and measure online video content. Typical components of an OVP include video hosting, encoding, custom players, syndication, analytics, and video search.
How AST CaptionSync Works with OVPs
CaptionSync output can be used with most online video platforms, but with some systems we have directly integrated CaptionSync into the OVP, allowing for a fully automated workflow:
- Video content is uploaded to the OVP, or transferred from lecture capture systems.
- An administrator designates which content should be captioned, and files are automatically transferred to CaptionSync.
- CaptionSync processes the caption files and returns them to the OVP.
- Captioned video content can then be embedded on LMS courses, portals, or public websites.
- Videos then become text-searchable and can be launched on any text point.
Why Caption Your Video Content?
- To make lecture content accessible to all students/users.
- To improve comprehension and retention of material.
- To allow content to be searched and re-purposed.
- To ensure compliance with ADA sections 504 and 508.
- Not sure about captioning capabilities in your OVP? Give us a call.
- Web-based pay per use service.
- No software to buy or install.
- Choose just the services needed (you can provide your own verbatim text transcript to get captions, or you can have us do the transcription for you).
- Pay online via credit card or Visa/MasterCard branded purchase cards.