AST’s CaptionSync for captioning broadcast, web, podcast, or DVD media is comprehensive and complete. We are committed to captioning quality in all media.
Captioning DVDs with CaptionSync is quite straightforward, but not all users have the time or the tools to author their own DVDs. To enable users who want to caption DVDs or videotape, but cannot author their own DVDs, AST offers our DVD Transfer service: mail-in your uncaptioned VHS tapes or DVDs and transfer them to DVD and caption (and subtitle) them in the process.
A Few Considerations
AST’s DVD Transfer is a great way to get your DVDs or VHS library captioned and made available in a modern media format. However, please consider the following points before you submit content to this service:
- This offer is only available to approved Education and Government customers.
- You must possess copyright permission before you convert your DVDs/tapes for reformatting & captioning.
- Placement of all captions is always at the bottom of the screen (or always at the top of the screen if you select); they are not manually adjusted to move when other information appears in the selected area.
- CaptionSync may not be able to produce caption results for tapes with poor quality audio or audio that is heavily sweetened (music, sound effects, noise). In such cases, you will receive an uncaptioned DVD back with a transcript file (if possible), and will be charged only the applicable portion of the fees.
- This service is for VHS tapes and video DVDs (DVDs that will play in standard DVD players); it is not for interactive DVDs that can be played on computers only.
Download an overview of the DVD Transfer service.
See a tutorial on how to use the DVD Transfer service.
- Web-based pay per use service.
- No software to buy or install.
- DVD Transfer is an add-on service to our captioning and transcription services.
- Pay online via credit card or Visa/MasterCard branded purchase cards.