CaptionSync post-processing takes caption files directly from CaptionSync and adds value in one of two ways; encoding the captions back into the video you submitted, or creating a black MOV with line-21 caption data for SD broadcast.
San Diego week TV show with captions
CaptionSync Video Encoding takes caption files directly from CaptionSync and adds additional value by encoding the caption data back into the video for you.
Subtitled M4V Videos
Submit a MOV, M4V, or MP4 video for captioning and you can choose to get back an encoded M4V file with the captioning appearing in subtitle field (in addition, you will also receive all of the standard closed caption files of your choice).
- Speed: If you provide the verbatim text transcript with your video, you’ll have your M4V subtitled video in minutes.
- The encoded M4V file is ready to go for use with any player or device that supports M4V videos, including JW Player, Flowplayer, QuickTime, iPad, iPhone, iPod, and iTunes.
- Viewers can turn on or off the subtitles as needed.
Open Captioned Videos
Submit a MOV, M4V, or MP4 video for captioning and you can choose to get back an encoded M4V file with the captioning appearing as open captions underneath the video (in addition, you will also receive all of the standard closed caption files of your choice).
- The encoded M4V file is ready to go for use with any player or device that supports M4V or MP4 videos, which includes most video players.
- Open captions are always displayed (they are part of the video image), so support for displaying them is universal on any player or device that can play M4V/MP4 files.
- The video files can be imported into any NLE or DVD authoring software for authoring your open captioned content to physical media.
Digital NLE Captions
Encoding traditional D1 (720×486) tapestock such as Beta SP, digi-Beta, or DVCPro used to be a process that required expensive hardware or software. AST’s Digital NLE Captions allow you to submit your media electronically, post-process the caption files and receive a black line-21 .MOV caption file which you integrate into your NLE software such as Avid, Final Cut Pro or Premiere and print-to-tape.
- Speed: If you provide the verbatim text transcript with your video, you’ll have your NLE caption files in minutes.
- Cost: CaptionSync and AST’s Digital NLE Captions are a fraction of the cost of conventional captioning. Simply pay for your transcript (if needed) and captions, and add the Digital NLE file option.
- No “Gen” Loss: By importing the Digital NLE Captions file into your non-linear editor and merging it with your existing video, you can lay the first generation to tape complete with line-21 captions.
- Download the brochure
- Web-based pay per use service.
- No software to buy or install.
- CaptionSync post-processing is a simple add-on service to our captioning service
- Choose just the services needed (you can provide your own verbatim text transcript to get captions, or you can have us do the transcription for you).
- Pay online via credit card or Visa/MasterCard branded purchase cards.