While AST focuses most of our energy on providing high-quality, cost-effective video accessibility services, we do reserve energy for ensuring we are a good corporate citizen. We have established a set of company values that we endeavor to live by in order to accomplish this, and we wanted to share some of the more important ones with you.
AST strives to make captioning as simple and easy as possible with CaptionSync, but the number of applications and players that ingest caption files is immense, so the topic can get complex. To address this, AST devotes significant resources to support our users. If you are unable to find your answer in our extensive knowledge base, we have implemented a comprehensive support ticket submission and tracking system to ensure users get the help they need. Our users rate our support with a satisfaction rating of over 98%. This remarkably high rating is confirmed by a Dun and Bradstreet “Open Ratings” report that rated our performance satisfaction at 96%.
Security and Reliability
CaptionSync maintains the confidentiality of all documents, data and other information supplied to us, in accordance with all applicable guidelines and regulations. Our job submission methods use secure encrypted transmission, so your data is not exposed to interception during the upload or transcription process. CaptionSync is fully redundant, with hot fail-over capability, giving CaptionSync a total availability of greater than 99%. CaptionSync has very few scheduled outages and customers are always informed of any scheduled outages beforehand.
AST is committed to preserving the environment and natural resources in our everyday business practices and contact with customers. To this end, AST:
- Is an all-electronic business — we receive our work electronically and we return the results electronically.
- Issues reports, invoices, and other client communications electronically, keeping paper consumption to almost zero and enabling customers to access their information without the need to print.
- Accepts payment in many forms, including checks, online credit card payments, and direct deposit. We encourage our clients to pay use through electronic means to minimize paper and mailing.
- Encourages our staff to telecommute, minimizing commuting impacts on the environment.
Automatic Sync Technologies (AST) is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
AST takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the CaptionSync by AST websites:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The CaptionSync by AST websites are partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. The areas that are not fully conformant are generally fairly minor updates, and they are part of our roadmap for improvements to our websites, tools, and content. The WCAG standards and best practices for implementing these standards are continually evolving, and as an accessibility company we take pride in continually improving the accessibility of our sites.
Our Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPATs) are available for any customers and partners who are evaluating captioning and transcription services. The first VPAT is for the CaptionSync service and web user interface, which is the tool that customers use to request captions and monitor the results. The second VPAT is for the CaptionSync Smart Player, which is an optional video player with interactive transcript features, which can be used to play back video that is captioned using CaptionSync.
- CaptionSync Web User Interface VPAT (Download PDF Format) (Download Read-only Word Format)
- CaptionSync Smart Player VPAT (Download PDF Format) (Download Read-only Word Format)
If you have suggestions on how we can improve in any of these areas, please contact us. We strive for continuous improvement and welcome any and all comments.
- Phone: +1 877-278-7962
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We try to respond to feedback within one business day.