Accessible media is crucial for students with disabilities, but it can also provide tremendous benefits for all students. Automatic Sync Technologies (AST) is an approved post-production captioning vendor for the California Community College (CCC) System. We’ve been providing services to CCCs for over 10 years and have worked with over 45 campuses within the system. We provide captioning, live captioning, and audio description services at special pricing for all CCC colleges.
When using CaptionSync, users can easily submit their media for transcription and captioning with just a few clicks. CaptionSync integrates into nearly all video platforms, including those used widely by CCC campuses, such as Panopto, Mediasite and VoiceThread. We also provide captioning for campuses that use TechConnect/3C Media.
A full suite of video accessibility services are available for purchase under AST’s partnership with the CCCs. Main offerings include, but are not limited to:
- Post-Production Captioning and Transcription
- Audio Description
- Live Captioning (CART) Services
- Production Transcripts
How To Begin Captioning Efforts
Campus representatives can take these steps to get started with CaptionSync:
- Step 1: Sign up for a free account via the CaptionSync Sign-Up Form.
- Step 2: If you’re new to CaptionSync, watch the New Users Tutorial to learn how it works.
- Step 3: Review the CCC Campus Purchasing Guide.
- Step 4: Connect with your Account Executive to discuss captioning and implementation needs.
- Step 5: Submit your first captioning request via the CaptionSync Portal.
Customer Success Manager for Existing Customers
Phone Number: (650) 644-1969
Account Manager for New Customers
Phone Number: 877-278-7962 ext. 718
Helpful California Community College Resources
- Distance Learning Captioning and Transcription (DECT) Grant Program Information
- Customer Case Studies
- Visit our archive of tutorials on how to use CaptionSync and captioning topics in general
- To see what types of media you can submit to us, visit our list of acceptable media formats for submission
- To see a list of caption file types you can get back from us, visit our list of output types
- If you have a technical support issue, please complete a support request