Mediasite Closed Captioning Integration
AST partners with Mediasite, a comprehensive lecture capture, enterprise webcasting and video content management system by Sonic Foundry. Mediasite gives universities, corporations and government agencies a complete solution to record, deliver and manage their rich media presentations for online and blended learning, training, executive communications, special events and alumni relations. Viewers can watch live or on-demand on any device – PC, Mac, iOS, or Android.
With Mediasite, closed captions can be displayed for any on-demand webcast or lecture, regardless of the viewing device. Powerful search capabilities that leverage closed captions allow users to pinpoint specific content within a webcast or entire catalog of webcasts.
Mediasite Closed Captioning Example
Mediasite Closed Captioning Workflow
AST and Sonic Foundry have partnered to make the captioning workflow seamless. First, record your presentations. Then use the Mediasite Captioning Manager to select the presentations to be captioned. Mediasite automatically uploads your recordings to CaptionSync which creates the closed caption files and automatically returns them to their corresponding presentation. Viewers will see the closed captions in the Mediasite Player.
Mediasite Closed Caption Search
Once your Mediasite recordings are captioned, you can search for keywords within the recording, or within an entire set of recordings, and jump directly to the spots in the recording where the keywords are used.
- There are no extra costs for using the Mediasite closed captioning integration with CaptionSync
- Web-based pay per use service.
- No software to buy or install.
- Choose just the services needed (you can provide your own verbatim text transcript to get captions, or you can have us do the transcription for you, or just get a transcript).
- Pay online via credit card or Visa/MasterCard branded purchase cards.