Smart Player Pro Overview
Greater Accessibility and Engagement
When offering captioning, transcription and audio description for online video, having a video player which promotes a seamless user experience can make all the difference. AST’s market-leading Smart Player Pro offers video consumers greater accessibility and engagement in a seamless fashion. The Smart Player Pro expands on the helpful features of the original Smart Player to offer users more customization, branding and sharing capabilities.
Key Benefits of Use
- Improved Search Engine Optimization (SEO) For Video
- Brand Customization
- Accessibility For Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Blind and Low Vision Individuals
- WCAG 2 Level AA Compliance
- Expanding on Current Features
- Support for captioning and audio description results
- Interactive transcript feature, allowing viewers to see the entire text transcript and select and jump to any point in the captions
- Keyboard-accessible playback controls for blind and low vision users
- Flexibility to position captions either below the video or over on lower third of the video
Smart Player Pro’s Added Benefits
- Offers all features provided by the Smart Player
- Four different high-contrast WCAG 2 Level AA-compliant color schemes for player controls:
- Users can provide their own favicon URL, replacing the CaptionSync favicon in browser tabs
- Ability to add a detailed Description (in addition to the Title) and Credits (such as copyright details).
- A customizable Help page to include organization-specific information
About CaptionSync™ by AST
AST leverages smart automation and professional transcribers and describers to power its video accessibility services. AST is an accurate, affordable web-based solution for closed captions, audio description and live captioning services and tools.